Uuhhmmm. Excuse me while I celebrate a culinary victory. While I pulled inspiration from many dishes over the last couple weeks, this roundup was entirely my own.
& I say roundup because that's exactly what it was. No prep necessary. Just rounded up a bunch of ingredients.
Quick and super easy dinner.
Also, heath conscious and husband approved.
INGREDIENTS Portobello Mushroom Base Kite Hill Ricotta “Cheese” (ohhhmyyygaawhhd, winner! & dairy free!)
Mezzetta Marinara (a forever favorite of mine!) Kale
Fig Balsamic Reduction (or any other flavor you prefer)
1. Remove stems and gills from the mushrooms. Place hollowed side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with
2. Bake mushrooms for 10 minutes on 350 degrees F.
3. After 10 minutes remove mushrooms from oven and fill with basil leaves, ricotta cheese and marinara.
4. Place back in the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
5. While the mushrooms are baking, pan fry some kale in a skillet with a little olive oil. Once crispy add
some garlic powder and salt.
6. Remove mushrooms from oven, top with fried kale and drizzle balsamic reduction over top.
7. Enjoy. & make it again next week.
- The Fig Reduction that I use is from Queen Creek Olive Mill in Arizona. You can place an order online
if you'd like. I will link the product I use HERE.