Hi there, internet friends!
Today I bring you a meatloaf recipe.
A very simple and very delicious meatloaf recipe.
I feel like people either LOVE meatloaf or HATE meatloaf.
There is like no in-between. 🤪
We love it in this house.
But to be frank, we like a plain jane, meat centered meatloaf recipe.
Not one with a million different spices and random ingredients like lentils and mushrooms.
A simple, midwest, country style meatloaf is our jam.
This recipe is based on my momma bears recipe that I grew up loving.
Just fine tuned a bit to our tastebuds.
You guys, this is simple.
It takes a while to bake, but the assembly is easy.
& it can be stored in the fridge for a day or two before (if needed) before you cook it up.
Or in the freezer for two months.
Talk about an easy recipe to prep for when you get home in the evenings and have no energy left!
Let's hit it.
The ingredients you will need.
2# ground beef, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup ketchup (+ for garnish), 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 sweet onion and 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar.
First, slice and dice those onions, baby.
Add all ingredients except brown sugar to a bowl and mix until well incorporated. I recommend doing this with your hands.
Once combined, transfer to a 9x5 baking pan.
Cook for 30 minutes, remove and drain off the liquid.
Add ketchup to the top and brown sugar.
Place back in oven for an additional 30 minutes.
Once it is done, drain once more.
Let cool slightly before slicing.
BONE APPLE TEETH!
PDF RECIPE FILE 👇🏼
2# ground beef
1/3 C ketchup (+ for garnish)
1/2 C oatmeal
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 sweet onion
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice and dice those onions.
3. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well incorporated. I recommend doing this with your hands.
4. Once combined, transfer to a 9x5 baking pan. Cook for 30 minutes, remove and drain off the liquid.
5. Add ketchup to the top and brown sugar. Place back in oven for an additional 30 minutes, drain again.
6. Let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
- Give the hamburger a rough chop in the mixing bowl and let it sit out for 15-20 minutes before you start handling it. Your hands will thank you. If you don't, you will have freezer hands. For some reason, mixing cold hamburger makes my bones hurt.
- You can 100% leave the brown sugar out.
- Adding an extra egg will help it stick together better, but we like the flavor of 2. We like ours to fall apart!
- Don't skip the Worcestershire sauce. It gives so much flavor!
- Short on time in the evenings? Whip this up in the morning and keep in fridge until you get home. It will keep in fridge for two days or in the freezer for two months before cooking.
As always, let me know if you try it.
Love hearing from you guys