The most versatile condiment a dairy-free bitch can keep stocked in her fridge.
Today I am letting you in on a creamy dream.
It is the perfect base for so many things, but today I am giving it to you in its most basic form.
I love using this on top of anything Mexican as a crema sauce, but with slight variations it can be the most versatile base for sour creams, cilantro dressings, dairy-free ranch, tzatziki sauce, alfredo, etc.
The options are endless and I can't wait to share them all with you.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
1 large clove of garlic
juice of half a lemon
3/4 cup water
pinch of salt
1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water for 2 hours.
2. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- If you have a high speed blender it is not necessary to soak your cashews unless you want to do it for
- Lemon can be swapped for a lime.
- If you don't have a high speed blender soak your nuts overnight in a fridge.