"She made me a cucumber salad."
Name that movie quote! That one was for you, buddy. (Alan Lambert 😜)
Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, this is the only cucumber salad that needs to exist.
It is divine.
Finding ways to use up all our cucumbers this year has been a part time hobby.
This girl wasn't into making pickles.
We gifted and ate them all.
We only had two plants so it wasn't an overabundance (like our tomatoes) but it was enough to keep my wheels spinning on how to use them up.
Insert this salad.
If you are anything like me, you can't get enough of the asian-esq flavors. (Italian used to thrill me once upon a time, then Mexican, but over the last couple years my heart has belonged to the Asian cuisine.)
Give it to meeeeee.
Anyway, this concoction of dressing ingredients is something I commonly use in my salads so I thought, why not make it into a delicious cucumber salad.
An excellent summer dinner party side dish.
A crowd pleaser for sure!
As always, send me your pictures if you make the grub. Love hearing from you guys. 😁
Click👇🏼 for a printable recipe file.
3-4 medium sized cucumbers
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 T coconut aminos
1 T toasted sesame oil
1 T maple syrup
2 T lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 T toasted sesame seeds
4-5 green onions, sliced
1. In a nonstick pan, toast the sesame seeds until slightly browned and fragrant. ~ 2 minutes, watch them close and toss constantly so they don't burn. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine rice vinegar, coconut aminos, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup, lime juice, salt and garlic. Mix.
3. Cut your cucumbers into half moons. Add them the bowl and combine.
4. Pour over sesame seeds and green onions. Incorporate.
5. Chill for two hours in fridge. ENJOY!
- Feel free to keep your cucumbers as whole circles. I just think the flavor of the dressing seeps into them better when sliced in half.
- The salad is delicious right from the get go; don't feel like you need to wait if you're hungry. It's just nice to chill and let the flavors mingle for a bit.
- This will keep in your fridge for about 3 days.
- I like my things a bit tart. 2T lime juice may be too tangy for you. Either back it off to 1T or add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup.
- I say 3-4 cucumbers because some people like more dressing and some like less. You do you. It is one of those salads where you can keep refreshing it with new cucumbers until the dressing is all used up.
***BY THE WAY... the movie quote is from summer catch. Good ole' Billy Brubaker. 🤪