Updated: Oct 28, 2020
Who else struggled with pancakes their whole life?!
Like how do people get them so fluffy and perfectly golden?
That was me. For 10 years. Which actually made me loathe pancakes.
Then when I changed my diet, I found a recipe and slightly altered it concocting this gem.
It was a pancake game changer. Foolproof!
You are welcome!
This recipe is egg and dairy free and will not disappoint. That is a promise.
1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup water
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Make cashew milk by combining 1 cup water and 1/4 cup cashews in a blender and blend until smooth.
~ 2 minutes
2. Add apple cider vinegar to cashew milk and let it sit while you mix the other ingredients.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix it up.
4. Once the milk is nice and bubbly, add the maple syrup and vanilla to it.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6. Mix until just combined. Let sit and rest for 5 minutes.
7. Heat a large pan over medium heat for 5 minutes and use a small amount of coconut oil in the pan
once you are ready for the batter so the pancakes don't stick.
8. Use 1/4 cup to scoop out batter into pan and cook on one side. You want to see bubbles. Once the
bubbles slow down, the pancakes is ready to flip (~2 minutes). Cook for ~ 1-2 minute on opposite side.
9. Add your toppings and enjoy!
- It will only take a couple minutes for the cashew milk to become bubbly.
- You may need more than 2 minutes before flipping your pancakes. I have a gas burner that gets nice
and hot. Adjust for your stove.
- I always place a plate in my microwave and keep the cooked pancakes in there until they are all cooked.
You could also keep your oven at a low temperature and use it as a warmer if you are making multiple
- This recipe makes 5, sometimes 6 pancakes.
- Topping suggestions: desiccated coconut, bananas, berries, melted chocolate, maple syrup, nuts and
- Don't be afraid to add some wild blueberries or chocolate chips into the batter.