Updated: May 8, 2020
How many ways can you eat granola?
I can name a few:
1. Topped with your favorite milk
2. On top of a smoothie bowl
3. Mixed with coconut yogurt and berries
4. By the handful
Granola is so versatile. Don't have an ingredient. Swap it out for something you do have.
It's easy to make, delicious and filled with healthy carbs, fats and protein and lots of fiber.
An excellent swap for your conventional store bought cereal boxes.
4 cups oats
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Combine peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Chop your nuts and add to mixture along with the oats. Stir to combine.
4. Spread mixture evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, tossing at the halfway point.
6. Let cool for 20 minutes, break the large chunks apart and store in a sealed glass jar.
- Raw honey can be quite expensive. Search your closest amish community for a great, affordable
- Out of honey, use maple syrup.
- Don't like peanut butter, choose your favorite nut butter.
- I like to use multiple kinds of nuts. For this I usually choose peanuts, almonds and cashews. Go wild.
Choose whatever suits you.
- I like to chop my nuts in a small food processor. Saves a lot of time!