Hitting you with an immune boosting, viral fighting, anti-inflammatory concoction today.
You know all those wellness shots out there at the grocery stores? It is so easy to make them at home.
& they aren't filled with ingredients that denature the benefits of the ingredients.
Great for flu season or if somebody in the family is sick and you don't want to get it.
Or great for everyday.
Did you know ginger is a major calming force; helping our bodies go from fight or flight to rest and digest?
Which ultimately means this spice is beneficial for those suffering with stress related illnesses like adrenal fatigue, insomnia, anxiety and depression. Ginger is also great for relaxing muscles and acts as an antiviral.
Turmeric contains a phytochemical called curcumin (which gives it the orange color) that is a potent anti-inflammatory. Turmeric is also great at restoring circulation to areas of the body where it may be lost and an ideal spice for histamine reactions. If you are suffering from joint pain, allergies or any form of chronic inflammation, get turmeric in your diet.
150 grams ginger
150 grams turmeric
2 oranges, peeled
pinch of black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne, optional
(juicer method) 1. To a juicer, add the ginger, turmeric and oranges.
2. Once juiced, add the juice of the lemon, a pinch of black pepper and cayenne. Mix with spoon.
3. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
(high-speed blender method)
1. Peel the ginger and turmeric with a spoon or a potato peeler.
2. Add ginger, turmeric and oranges to a blender and blend until smooth. (You will still have lots of pulp.)
3. Add the juice of the lemon, a pinch of black pepper and cayenne. Mix.
4. Strain through a clean kitchen towel or nut milk bag and store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3
- Don't skip the black pepper, it activates the turmeric. Even just a pinch is sufficient.
- The juicer I use is by Breville and can be purchased HERE.
- If you use the blender method and have to strain your product, your kitchen towel or nut milk bag will
turn orange and stay that way. Dedicate one to your immunity shots.
- HERE are the best single serve glass jars to store your immunity shots in. Or feel free to put them in a
normal mason jar and take a swig everyday.